If you have bought a domain name from ZNetLive and new hosting package from Hostgator, then keep reading this article. In this article we will be taking a look of how to map ZNetLive domain to Hostgator hosting and the process is similar to the other domain registrar and hosting services as well.
Before jumping to the steps, I want to let you know that ZNetLive is an India based domain provider which is known for dealing with affordable domain names and HostGator is known for offering reliable hosting services with 24*7 customer support.
What is Domain Mapping ?
Domain mapping is basically a feature where you can associate your multiple domain names to your primary hosting package. You can map your domain name to any desired location within your hosting.
For Example- If your domain xyz.com is mapped to a hosting package, then your hosted website will be visible by going to xyz.com.
- Benefits of Social Media Marketing in Blogging
- How to install WordPress on Hostgator 
- 11 Important things to do After Installing WordPress
- 7 Must have Free WordPress Plugin for Every New Blog | Beginner’s Guide
Steps to Map ZNetLive domain to HostGator-
Note– Here I will be using HostGator’s updated version of c-panel.
#1 Login to your HostGator c-panel, scroll down to the page, on the left sidebar, you will see “Server Stats” click on that button.
#2 Now on the right side of the page, under the “DNS Info” tab there will be two name servers like ns.xxxx.hostgator.com. They are the ones you need to copy for later usages.
#3 Now in new tab login to your ZNetLive panel, view current domain and click on the domain you want to map.
#4 In the domain control section, click on “Name Server” button.
Now you will see four active ZNetLive name servers. Delete all these name servers provided by ZNetLive.
#5 Now paste the two name servers that you copied from HostGator C-panel and click on save button.
#6 That’s all, now your name servers will be updated.
Adding a New domain to HostGator-
If you are using Baby package of HostGator hosting, then you can add unlimited domain to your hosting by following the steps below-
- In HostGator C-panel scroll down the page and find the domain section and click on “Addon Domains”.
- On the next page, you have to fill some information like your domain name, Root directory, FTP username and password. HostGator will suggest rest of them based on the domain name you entered. If you want you can type your own. After entering a strong password click on “Add Domain ” button.
- Finally you will get the success message that your addon domain and FTP account has been created successfully. If you want to check your add-on domain details, you can go to Addon domains-Modify addon domains.
Congratulations you have completed all the steps of mapping ZNetLive domain to HostGator hosting and your domain is all set now. Remember It may take 24-48 hours of the name servers to propagate your domain name all over the world. After your domain is ready, you can install WordPress or any other blogging software and start blogging.
That’s it for now guys. Welcome and all the best for your new blogging journey. Keep learning, Keep spreading the love to all over the world 🙂
If you find this article helpful for you, I would appreciate if you could hit share to help more beginners to start their site and if you have any problem in the mapping of ZNetLive domain to HostGator Hosting do let me know in comment section below.